Search This Blog

Pageviews

Thursday 25 September 2014

Review: Carmex lip balm

I use this lip balm daily and I am slightly obsessed! I have 3 tubs of it because it just works so well and is really cheap!! I got mine for £1 in 'bodycare' even though it is sold for about £4-£5 in boots and other places.

When you apply it, it takes a moment to sink in and it kind of feels like it is just sitting on your lips for about a minute, which is probably the only thing I don't like about this product! It moisturises your lips and lasts for quite a while before needing to reapply. What really excites me about this is that when you apply it, your lips start to very subtly tingle, which to me shows its working!!
I put this on at the very beginning of putting my makeup on, so by the time I come to put on any lip gloss or lipstick, my lips are fully moisturised and soft, and there isn't much of it left just sitting on my lips, making it perfect to apply lipstick.

It is quite a small tub but you can get it in the form of a squeezy tube. That isn't an official word I don't think but never mind!!;) I brought one tub originally and it last me about 4-5 months of me using it almost daily. I have one in my everyday bag, one with my makeup and one in my apron at work (so I never forget it!!)
 
I also think that its quite pretty and visually appealing, which really sells a product for me!! This is in a cherry flavour but I think they might do another flavour now, I'm not really sure! I really hate cherry flavoured things if I'm honest!! I love cherries themselves, but anything flavoured or scented cherry is a no-no for me! However, this product doesn't taste or smell like cherries to me, though it does have a very very faint scent.
 
Overall this is my favourite lip balm that I have ever used and that is probably because it really does work. Anyone who I have introduced it to loves it and always ask for more!!;) So if you don't want people always taking it then be warned! And for such a bargain why would you not?!!
 
Thanks for reading, and as usual, any comments, tips or suggestions are read and appreciated:) xxx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely review , sounds like an interesting product:)

    By the way, I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog award you can check it out on my blog >> Luxveritatis.| Beauty.Fashion.Crafts

    Lux xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and thank you loads for the nomination!! xxx

      Delete